Friends, do you know what is the UGC Full Form, what is the meaning of UGC, if you do not have an answer, then there is no need to disappoint you because today in this post we are going to give you the complete information of UGC. If there are friends in the UGC Full Form and to know the complete information of UGC, read this post till the last.
So hello friends, all of you are very welcome. In this unique and new article from our FullFormBoss blog where I am telling you about the Full Form of UGC. Also, I am going to give you some other information about him. Which all people need to know.
UGC Full Form
The UGC Full Form “University Grants Commission”, UGC is a Council of Scientist and Professional Research. NET is organized by UGC. Friends, UGC conducts this exam twice a year every year across India. As you may be aware, this examination was conducted for the first time in 1989 and since then till today this examination is conducted twice a year. The examination for Science subjects is conducted by UGC CSIR NET.
The UGC was established in 1945 and is headquartered in New Delhi. The chairman of UGC is DP Singh. The main objective of creating the UGC was that all the Universities in our country should be given the same level of education and all the students of the Universities should be well educated. UGC promotes university education.
- Today we have the depiction of the UGC as a result of many intensive steps taken before and after Indian independence, let us be a part of the establishment journey of the University Grants Commission.
- The first attempt at the education system was made in the year 1944 with the Sergeant Report. This was the report of the Central Advisory Board of Education on post-war educational development in India.
- Through the recommendation, the University Grants Committee was formed in 1945, which took over the responsibility of overseeing the three central universities of Aligarh, Banaras, and Delhi.
- In the year 1947, the committee got the responsibility of controlling all the universities of that era.
- In the year 1948, University Education Commission was established, headed by Dr. Sarvepalli was Radhakrishnan. The Commission suggested that the existing University Grants Committee should be changed to the University Grants Commission in India like the UK.
- On 28 December 1953, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (former Minister of Education) inaugurated the University Grants Commission.
- And in November 1956, the UGC (University Grants Commission) was formally established as a statutory body of the Government of India through the ‘India University Grants Commission Act, 1956′ of the Parliament. It was to oversee the coordination, determination, and maintenance of standards of university education in our country.
- Subsequently, in 1994 and 1995, the UGC started six centers in Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Bhopal, Guwahati, and Bangalore to control the region-wise education system in India. Presently, the head office is located at Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg in New Delhi.
UGC most important objectives
- The main objective of UGC is to maintain standards of research, teaching, and examination in universities.
- Increasing the level of education is also the responsibility of the UGC.
- Maintaining the standard of education in the country is also the task of the UGC.
- It is also the task of the UGC to provide suggestions to the government to improve the education system of the country.
Conclusion -UGC Full Form
We hope you have liked this article of ours and you have got the answer of your UGC Full Form in and with it, you will have liked other interesting information as well if you want any more information in this regard UGC Full Form, then given below Submit your comment in the comment box and we will answer your question soon and if you liked our article, then like and share it.